Jasmine Green Tea
There are a myriad of other health benefits ascribed to Green Tea: oral health, headache cure, vision improvement, skin improvement, digestion, etc… The fact
is, Green Tea will bring your body a general “good health” that may show up in many areas, as well as later on in your “retiring” years.
• Rich in fluoride, Green Tea can reduce the risk of tooth decay.
• Damp Green Tea leaves are useful as a poultice for insect bites to reduce itching and inflammation.
• The tea has been shown to combat stomach and skin cancers, and to boost the immune system.
• An increased consumption of Green Tea significantly improved the odds of survival of breast and ovarian cancer patients.
Green Tea is known to help the following conditions:
• Cancer: Daily consumption of Green Tea is effective, especially in preventing but also treating a wide variety of cancers, including: bladder,
colon, esophagus, pancreas, skin, rectum, respiratory, and stomach. Topical administration of Green Tea both prevented and reduced skin tumors in one study.
• Leukemia: One study showed that Green Tea prompted leukemia cells to die in eight of ten patient samples tested in the laboratory.
• Heart Disease: In Japan, researchers found that there were fewer incidents of heart disease among Green Tea drinkers.
• Blood Pressure: Japanese scientists discovered that Green Tea significantly lowers blood pressure and protects against hypertension.
• Aging: Researchers believe that Green Tea may slow the effects of normal aging and its associated brain regression. According to their study, “daily intake of Green Tea catechins adds a measurable level of protection to the brain, helping shield it from irreversible damage due to cerebral ischemia and consequent neurological deficits.” In other words, it will help you stay smart.
• Diabetes: Green Tea may help to normalize and maintain healthy blood sugar levels. Some data suggests that Green Tea consumption prevents type II diabetes. In healthy human volunteers, Green Tea promoted healthy glucose metabolism. I have always struggled with low blood sugar, and since drinking Green Tea, my blood sugar has been completely stable.
• Arthritis: The antioxidants in Green Tea may also fight inflammation and help prevent arthritis. In one study, mice that were fed Green Tea were significantly less susceptible to development of induced arthritis.
• Weight loss: Green Tea is a natural detox and will help your body flush toxins that break loose with exercise. I drink a large glass of iced Green-Jasmine Tea after my daily walk and have noticed that I do not experience muscle soreness, and my weight loss is consistent.
The aroma of this tea is enough to capture anyone’s attention. It is not misleading, as the flavor is perhaps the best of all teas.
Jasmine Green Tea should not be steeped for long as it renders its properties rather quickly. It also tends to get bitter if brewed too long. It can improve energy levels and overall health.